I made this shell quilt in the nineteen nineties. It is huge (over a double bed, to the floor all round and then more to spare) and I made the mistake of backing it with a tweedy fabric which was far too heavy. One was literally pinned in bed. Some time ago I removed the backing but it has sat on the piano waiting to be finished for so long that the cat has appropriated it as her bed. The fabric in the basket is another patchwork-at-the-planning-stage but that will have to wait for a while.
On the making front I’ve completed twenty of the thirty-six main squares for the garden seat. And the weather has turned cold again so I’ve gained a bit more time before I’ll need it.